Sunday, April 6, 2008

Isn't it amazing...

"The God on the mountain is still God in the valley. When things go wrong, he'll make them right. And the God in the good times, is still God in the bad times. The God of the day is still God in the night"
Isn’t it amazing that when you are on a mission for God, the Devil is in your path more then ever. He finds ways to make you think that he is in control and that you are helpless and that you are not needed or wanted where you are. He throws things at you and expects you to drop dead and give up. Isn’t it also amazing that at the same time, the Lord is with you more then ever?
I have experienced both of these realities. When I look back at the events that shook me, they looked like enormous mountains blocking my view of God, but in reality, they were small pebbles in the ocean.
I love having a lot of memories of everything I do in my life. Everywhere I go, my camera is there with me. I truly believe in ‘A picture is worth 1000 words’. Six weeks into this trip, my camera breaks. It was like my oxygen was cut off, my source of life… my everything. I would leave in 3 weeks for Lima Peru and I wouldn’t have the most important item with me… I thought.
My family means the world to me, and when things happen when I am out of reach, it feels like the world is crashing down on me. From week one into TREK until I got to Peru, 12 different couples from home had ended or hit a wall. Most in which I was related to somehow. When your hit with that force, you tend to doubt the reason you are where you are. I did, but not only did I doubt it, I thought about backing out of it and turning home to see if I could help.
A month into being into Peru, I find out that my mother has to have surgery. That’s the worst feeling… not being home for my mother when she is in pain. She is there for me, I want to be there for her.
Through it all, I am so glad that I am here. Being away from home like this makes me see how much I need my family and how much I love them. But more then that, I began to see how much my Heavenly Father loves me. He has pulled me closer each day. He has whispered to me over and over about how he won’t put me through things that I can’t handle. Through the valleys and the over the mountains, he will be there. TREK has taught me so much when it comes to trusting God and giving my all to him. He knows what is going to happen. He is there holding your hand. He sees the whole picture.

No comments: