Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My encounter with TRUST

With only 3 full days left here in Canada… we are spending each minute and second with precious friends. Pictures, late nights, dates, and sleepovers are what these last days consist of.
On Sunday night, Joanna, Darlene, Brianna, Simone and I went out for a evening of pictures at any place we could find. We didn’t really have anything in mind. Jo took us to a park and we got out. At this park there was a little kids play ground that we took off right away. Darlene, Brianna, and I jumped on a small train and Simone started snapping pictures.
After the train we moved to other items and just took pictures. I know that it may not be that big of a deal to some, but those pictures I will always have and those memories will never leave my mind. These girls here are some of the amazing girls that I know. They have such a high joy and spirit about them.
After taking pictures, we headed off to Tim Horton’s to get coffee drinks. We sat at a table and just talked about how things were going and how much we needed to keep in touch when we all leave. Every time the word ‘leave’ is brought up, I think every persons heads are turning and trying to make themselves forget that it was even said. Leaving here is a realization that I’m not ready to face at this moment. I don’t think anyone really is.
Today Steve Klassen took us to a monastery nearby and we spent a few hours alone with God. We could walk the forests, sit by the pond, sit under trees, or in a small lounge area to focus on hearing the voice of God. From the very first minute we started I knew that today and my time with God was going to be amazing. I walked the trails praying and snapping pictures at the beginning. Listening to the sounds around me and to focus on God. Later I walked into the lounge and sat down… pin and journal in hand… I asked God to speak to me. I started writing questions I had for God and then I wrote down the response I felt God speaking to my heart. This went on for a good hour and when I went back and looked it over, I found the word ‘TRUST’ over 20 times! I’m going to be going home to some things that will be hard to face, and I laid them all at his feet. And he kept saying… ‘Lisa, just trust me. I have everything in my hand. Just trust in me!’
As I was sitting in that lounge and watching a few flower seeds floating in the air, I started thinking about how much our life is like that seed. The wind has full control of where that seed falls. Where ever it is dropped, that is where it was meant to be. The same with our lives in Christ. Our life is like that little seed. We have no control over it at all. Where ever God puts us on this earth is where we are meant to be. No mistakes about it. That just reassured me that I was and am supposed to be here. It wasn’t a mistake that I was brought to Canada and was sent to Peru. It’s all in God’s plans and he knows what he is doing.
Earlier on in Debrief, Luke and John had commented about how we need to maybe think about an one-liner we can use when people ask how our trip went and how we can use that with out spilling our guts to them. And while I was journaling and listening to God, he gave me my one-liner. Just knowing that that sentence came straight from God, gives me chills!
Today was like a breath of fresh air for me. Just having God speak to me and knowing that he is with me and all I have to do is trust him, makes me feel safe and that I have no cares in the world. I am still amazed at how our God works in our lives and how little things are so significant in our walks with him! We serve a God that loves us and a God that we can trust with our whole entire hearts! Trust God fully with your life and see how God can open your heart to the things around you and how he can work in your life! Just trust him!

No comments: