Monday, March 3, 2008

Day one of our new adventure... Lima Peru

We are in Peru!!! Finally!!! It was a great trip and God blessed our team with traveling mercies!! The flights, the luggage, the customs agents, and just meeting everyone went great. The Lord came through once again.
We left Abbotsford at midnight on yesterday morning and arrived in Lima Peru at about 2 am this morning and we hit the bed at 3 am and we were out! We slept good and we were ready to wake up this morning and start the day out in Lima Peru.
The sun was shining and the day was gorgeous! We took a tour of our home, meet some great people, and I even got a sun burn! I didn’t even care that I got burnt, it felt so good to get out in the sun!! We took a walk around the city and bought some fruits and looked at the amazing view of this city. This is a city of God…and its beautiful!!
We got our schedules today and we don’t seem to be as busy as I thought. We are doing a lot with kids as I thought and I cant wait to meet them and do some stuff with them. We are supposed to be preparing to give our testimonies one by one on Sundays for the next 6 weeks and we are supposed to write them out and then try to read them out in Spanish. That’s going to be funny. Trying to speak a language that we haven’t even started to study. We are going to have Spanish classes 5 days a week every week. That is a blessing in its self. I took Spanish in high school but I never dreamed that I would have to use it. I can honestly say that I wish I would’ve paid more attention in class.
I thank God for every minute that he has blessed me here in Peru and for every minute that he has blessed me with this team. God is good and he will always will be with me in everything that goes on. He has gotten us here and he will be with us until the day we leave. This place is amazing and I love that the Lord has chosen me to work in this place. The Lord is good.

No comments: