Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Embrace him

When God answers prayers, he goes extreme! He doesn’t just give you what you asked for in a small answer with no energy, he gives it with a ball of fire that turns heads of those around us. In many more ways then one. It puts a smile on your face and you feel like you have just been hugged and that you are loved. Just that he would take the time to answer a small prayer that you had and do it with so much love has enough to do wonders on its own.
Its sad how sometimes when we pray for something, we don’t really expect it right then or even ever. How awful are we to even think that God doesn’t care about our small wants and needs?! God loves us and cares about us so much.
We were sitting around talking to Otto this afternoon and he shared how God has answered a big pray that they have prayed for some time now. But never dreamed that it would be like this. Yes, he believed God would take care of things, but like this? Wow! When he was talking about what God did, tears came to my eyes. We serve an amazing God and for me to know that I am here as a child of his and I’m here serving him and spending time with him gives me chills. We serve an amazing God.
After Otto shared, I went to check my email and got an amazing email. An answer to one of my prayers I had just prayed yesterday. One that make tears once again rise in my eyes. So quickly had God answered my prayers. It wasn’t one that was that big… but God took the time to answer it anyway. The thing that is the most astonishing is that I hadn’t even mentioned my prayer to this person. Only God could have prompted them to write that email and encourage me through that. Only God could have spoken to their heart. Only my God could do that.
I’m learning so much being away from home and in a different country. God stretches you in new ways everyday and makes you fall more in love with him in small things he does. He is with us no matter where we go and when we do his will, there will be blessings beyond our imagination. Just trust him and embrace the things he does for us!!!

No comments: